There are an endless number of weight loss solutions out there. Unfortunately there is a low completion rate and a very high chance of rebounding. Your Healthy Weight is not another prescriptive weight loss program or quick fix. Take a step back to learn about what it means to achieve and maintain weight that is in your personal range for your health and happiness. Learn facts that contribute to healthy weight loss and education that will help you find your next step and personal path forward. This series is for those who want to lose a few pounds or those who struggle with larger weight issues. It is also a general understanding of the importance of maintaining a healthy weight for physical and mental wellbeing while maintaining your personal preferences, lifestyle and joy!
PART A: What is Healthy Weight?
* Acute and chronic conditions from obesity and metabolic syndrome
* What is clinically overweight?
* What is being at a "healthy" weight?
* What influences body weight?
* MYTH: It's not just calories in/calories out
PART B: The Food Industry, Wellness Programs and Media
* Changes in our food supply and environment
* Dietary theories
* Fitness fads & magic bullets
* Standards of beauty
* Taking control
PART A: Rising Above the Noise - fact vs fiction
* Understanding and boosting metabolism
* Quantity, quality and timing of food
* Regular movement
* Understanding your current health and clinical data
* What are cravings?
* Inflammation and sensitivities
PART B: Weight and The Six Pillars of Health
* Balance, priorities and healthy personal boundaries
* The power of Micro-behaviors
PART A: Deeper Dive: Food and Physical Activity
* Understanding hunger
* Honoring preferences, culture & lifestyle
* Healthy "fasting"
* Snacking vs Meals
* Food sensitivities, allergies and physical cues
* Exercise vs Movement
* Know your movement type
PART B: Understanding & Choosing External Resources
* You are in charge
* Weight loss programs
* Medical providers
* Wellness specialists
* Home equipment and other materials
* Support groups
* Family, friends and co-workers
PART A: Mindset & Old Patterns
* Defining success: embracing a growth mindset
* Healthy vs unhealthy environments
* What is your personal vision?
* A joyful body
* What other weights are you holding onto?
* Emotional and behavioral patterns
* Being OK with not being OK
PART B: Staying on Track/Going Off-Road
* Identifying 3 types of days
* What it means – when your “normal” day is disrupted
* Eating out/travel
* Accountability and tracking
* Keeping "healthy" visible in your life
* Always plan ahead
* Monthly Six Pillars check-in
"The Healthy Weight was the "anti-program" I was looking for. I have tried every weight loss program there is and had pretty much given up. After working with Michele, I now have a better understanding of the many factors that affect my weight and love working on micro-behaviors instead of trying to dive into something I will never sustain. Most of all I know what I am willing to do to stay happy while making healthier choices for myself." - Stacy W.
December 2nd - December 23rd
Participate Live or on your own time
Join Live Zoom sessions and/or at your convenience with post-session recordings
Zoom link emailed upon registration.
*$199 for the 4-session series including between-session reflections.
*Program fee includes a $50 credit for a 1:1 coaching session that can be used up to 30 days after the end of the series.